- Basic Navigation
- Adding nodes
- Deleting, Moving, Mirroring, and Duplicating nodes
- Graphing and advanced dashboards
- Custom UIs
After Simple IoT is started, a web application is available on port
(typically http://localhost:8118). After logging in
(default user/pass is
admin), you will be presented with a
tree of nodes.
Node is the base unit of configuration. Each node contains
describe various attributes of a node. When you expand a node, the information
you see is a rendering of the point data in the node.
You can expand/collapse child nodes by clicking on the arrow to the left of a node.
You can expand/edit node details by clicking on the dot to the left of a node.
Child nodes can be added to a node by clicking on the dot to expand the node, then clicking on the plus icon. A list of available nodes to add will then be displayed:
Some nodes are populated automatically if a new device is discovered, or a downstream device starts sending data.
Simple IoT provides the ability to re-arrange and organize your node structure.
To delete a node, expand it, and then press the delete icon.
To move or copy a node, expand it and press the copy icon. Then expand the destination node and press the paste icon. You will then be presented with the following options:
- move - moves a node to new location
- mirror - is useful if you want a user or device to be a member of multiple groups. If you change a node, all of the mirror copies of the node update as well.
- duplicate - recursively duplicates the copied node plus all its descendants. This is useful for scenarios where you have a device or site configuration (perhaps a complex Modbus setup) that you want to duplicate at a new site.
If you need graphs and more advanced dashboards, consider coupling Simple IoT with Grafana. Someday we hope to have dashboard capabilities built in.
See the frontend reference documentation.